NEW BLUEBERRY FIELD WAS PLANTED: We laboriously added 395 NEW berry bushes to the farm! These are 3yr old plants, so they will be producing juicy fruit for us next summer 2023!!! Our already established bushes should be producing their blue gems starting in early July.
- The blueberry is one of the only foods that is truly naturally blue in color.
- Blueberries ranked number one in antioxidant health benefits in a comparison with more than 40 fresh fruits and vegetables.
- A single blueberry bush can produce as many as 6,000 blueberries per year.
- The silvery sheen (or “bloom”) found on the skin of blueberries is a naturally occurring compound that helps protect the fruit. This why you should only wash blueberries right before you’re going to eat them. The berries should be stored in the refrigerator, and will keep fresh for up to 10 days.
- Consumption of blueberries has been linked to health benefits including a reduced risk of cancer, increased insulin response, a reversal in age-related memory loss, and lowering blood pressure.