Hello...many questions, so here are the replies:
1) Do you have drop sites? Nope. We HIGHLY value the joy of the harvest, and don't want to rob you and your family of that experience. So, we are a u-pick location only. We heard someone coin the phrase: "Agritainment" and we agree that the name fits perfectly...nature/agriculture is crazy entertaining!
2) Will the farm now be member-only, or will the public be able to purchase? We have moved to a member-only, U-Pick, CSA model, so only members will be benefitted by the farm. However, starting 2023, we WILL have organic sweet corn available for public purchase, and we may also be open some days for strawberry picking. Please follow us on social media for updated info on both of those offerings.
3) What are the veggies/fruits that will be planted: Well, apparently, I have a seed buying addiction, so we have lots of stuff coming! (including 8,355 flowers seeds...that number doesn't include the seeds I harvested...thousands...or the dahlia tubers that we dug..oh brother!)
Here is the list of seeds that we now have on hand. But please note that these are not guaranteed due to time/seed germination/etc...but we plan to have them all on hand if we can help it. (Just an example: last season, we planted 90 roma tomato seeds and as they came up, we found that every one of them had a seed virus...mosaic tobacco...which arrived inside of the seeds so we had no hope for keeping them. Stuff like that happens as there are SO many variables out of our hands. So we destroyed those and chose to be thankful for the sungolds that were bomb!) Also, please note that some of the fruits will be limited and only available when they are ripe...so it'll be a fun surprise for you to find out when you arrive what will be ready for you! (examples will be plums, grapes, elderberries, etc)
Arugula; Kale; Lettuce Oakleaf; Mini Romaine Dragoon; Swiss Chard Five Color Silverbeet; Romaine
Rattlesnake Pole beans; Maxibel (slender, sweet delish French Haricot Vert)
Beets Detroit Dark Red
Broccoli Sprouting Purple and Covina
Carrots Danvers, Nantes 1/2 long, Scarlotte Nantes
Corn: we look to have 10k ears this season, so let your friends know!
Cukes: three varieties
Eggplant Japanese Early Long Purple
FLOWERS: Dahlias; zinnias; sunflowers; honeywarts; scabiosa; snapdragons; tulips; poor man's orchids; amaranth; lace flowers; china aster; celosia; bunny tails; ageratum
Garlic German Xtra Hardy with garlic scapes!
Onions: Talon yellow and, Red
Peppers Red Rocket, Early Jalapeno, Orange Picnic, Sweet King of the North Bells
Potatoes: russet and golden
Squash Zucchini; Winter: Buttercup, Squash Butternut
Tomatoes: Sun Gold, Heirloom Brandy Wines, Early Girl
Basil Genovese; Cilantro Santo;Lemon Balm; Black Licorice Mint; Dill, Parsley, Mint, Oregano, Sage, Rosemary, Thyme.
Blueberries; Hybrid Blend of Honeydew/Cantelope: Melon Arava; Tart Cherries; Currants 3 colors; Honeyberries; Plums; Raspberries both golden and red; Rhubarb; Gooseberries; Strawberries both June-bearing and albion day neutrals that are ready into the fall; Watermelon: Elderberries.
4) Can we split a share with friends? Absolutely...one of you will need to sign up as the leader so we have someone to connect with. Then you both can decide how to divvy up your picking dates.
5) What sort of events will there be? Classes, Sping and Fall Fest/Maker's Market; etc. We have a calendar being generated this week (hopefully) with all of the fun things coming up. That way you can mark your calendars now before they get slammed with other summer fun.
6) How much will we pick each week? You will receive a large picking crate that is yours for the season. Please bring it weekly with you to pick. You pay for $42ish worth of veg/fruit/flowers, but we are having you pick $47-$50 a week...DEAL! That should feed 2-4 people (depending on appetites of course).
7) Can we volunteer? YES PLEASE. If you would like to come help out and get a wonderful, full-body workout, please contact us and set up a time. 612-394-0559
8) Will we be able to purchase extras beyond what the box allocates each week? YES....if there is abundance, then you most certainly may purchase extra. We don't want things to go to waste...and we are planting for plenty so that we can "over-deliver". So, hopefully that will be the scenario this summer.
10) Do you have honey from your farm? Not this 2023 season.
11) Are your chicken eggs organic? yes...and are free range for a large part of their life. The feathered ladies eat produce from the farm which is all organic..and they are now also on organic feed, but we don't have them certified. They are free range and soooo fresh...and some are even blue! AND, you can "adopt" one....more info to come.
12) I'm sure there are other questions, and I'll add them as I remember them...brain overloaded right now. HAPPY FALL AND WINTER...and see you in 2023!