Hello...many questions, so here are the replies:
1) Do you have drop sites? Nope. We HIGHLY value the joy of the harvest, and don't want to rob you and your family of that experience. So, we are a u-pick location only. We heard someone coin the phrase: "Agritainment" and we agree that the name fits perfectly...nature/agriculture is crazy entertaining!
2) Will the farm now be member-only, or will the public be able to purchase? We have moved to a member-only, U-Pick, CSA model, so only members will be benefitted by the farm.
3) What are the veggies/fruits that will be planted: Well, apparently, I have a seed buying addiction, so we have lots of stuff coming! (including 8,355 flowers seeds...that number doesn't include the seeds I harvested...thousands...or the dahlia tubers that we dug..oh brother!)
Here is the list of seeds that we now have on hand. But please note that these are not guaranteed due to time/seed germination/etc...but we plan to have them all on hand if we can help it. (Just an example: last season, we planted 90 roma tomato seeds and as they came up, we found that every one of them had a seed virus...mosaic tobacco...which arrived inside of the seeds so we had no hope for keeping them. Stuff like that happens as there are SO many variables out of our hands. So we destroyed those and chose to be thankful for the sungolds that were bomb!) Also, please note that some of the fruits will be limited and only available when they are ripe...so it'll be a fun surprise for you to find out when you arrive what will be ready for you! (examples will be plums, grapes, elderberries, etc)
Arugula; Kale Garden Blend; Kale Red Russian; Lettuce Bauer; Lettuce Oakleaf; Mini Romaine Dragoon; Swiss Chard Five Color Silverbeet
Maxibel (slender, sweet delish French Haricot Vert)
Beets Colorful, Detroit Dark Res
Carrots Danvers, Nantes 1/2 long, Scarlotte Nantes
Cukes Marketmore 76, Sumpter, Tender Green
Eggplant Japanese Early Long Purple
Garlic German Xtra Hardy
Onions: NY Early Yellow, Yellow Spanish Sweet
Peppers Cayenne Blend, Early Jalapeno, Orange Picnic, Sweet Sunrise Orange Bells; Sweet King of the North Bells
Radish Cherry, Radish Pearl White, Radish Sparkler
Squash Buttercup, Squash Butternut, Kabocha
Tomatoes: Sun Gold, Heirloom Brandy Wines
Basil Genovese; Cilantro Santo;Lemon Balm; Black Licorice Mint; Dill, Parsley, Mint.
Blueberries; Hybrid Blend of Honeydew/Cantelope: Melon Arava; Cherries; Currants 3 colors; Honeyberries; Plums; Raspberries both golden and red; Rhubarb; Gooseberries; Strawberries both June-bearing and albion day neutrals that are ready into the fall; Watermelon
4) Can we split a share with friends? Absolutely...one of you will need to sign up as the leader so we have someone to connect with. Then you both can decide how to divvy up your picking dates.
5) What sort of events will there be? Classes, Fall Fest/Maker's Market; Alpaca visits; etc. We have a calendar being generated this week (hopefully) with all of the fun things coming up. That way you can mark your calendars now before they get slammed with other summer fun.
6) How much will we pick each week? You pay for $42ish worth of veg/fruit/flowers, but we are having you pick $47-$50 a week...DEAL! That should feed 2-4 people (depending on appetites of course).
7) Can we volunteer? YES PLEASE. If you would like to come help out and get a wonderful, full-body workout, please contact us and set up a time. 612-394-0559
8) Will we be able to purchase extras beyond what the box allocates each week? YES....if there is abundance, then you most certainly may purchase extra. We don't want things to go to waste...and we are planting for plenty so that we can "over-deliver". So, hopefully that will be the scenario this summer.
10) Do you have honey from your farm? YES...it's raw deliciousness. Our awesome bee guy Ben is even adding an additional 22 hives this next season, so we should be flowing with the liquid gold. Honey is not included in the membership, but is worth the extra price!
11) Are your chicken eggs organic? The feathered ladies eat produce from the farm which is all organic...however, their pellets are not, so we don't have them certified. They are free range and soooo fresh...and some are even blue! AND, you can "adopt" one....more info to come.
12) I'm sure there are other questions, and I'll add them as I remember them...brain overloaded right now. HAPPY FALL AND WINTER...and see you in 2023!